Saturday, July 16, 2005

My Granddaughter...The Bag Lady

My four-year-old granddaughter is a bag lady. She showed up at my house this evening with luggage...for a three hour visit. She cannot go from one room to the next without taking something...anything...with her. She reminds me a little bit of the Steve Martin character in that movie "The Jerk" where he is at the lowest point in his life and walks out saying "I don't need you...I don't need anything...except for this chair...and this paddle ball...and this ashtray" all the while gather those things as he goes. That is my little Gidget. I have visions of her 30 years from now living on the streets of New York, pushing a shopping cart filled with useless items like empty Coke bottles and old newspapers and used oil filters and any other street debris she can come up with. She really has a fascination with stuff. Who knows, maybe some day she will learn to juggle.

1 comment:

Some Soldier's Mom said...

and then again, maybe she'll collect all that stuff and start the next generation eBay or WalMart, eh? postivie thoughts... positive thoughts... LOL

(time to get her one of those little children's shopping carts-- at least that makes it easier to find the things and put them away when the visit's over??)