Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Perfect Girl Car

Where was this car when I was learning to drive? A car that doesn't back up...it pivots. For years I have been the brunt of family jokes about my "backing up abilities". Every time I get up to leave from a large family gathering, everybody runs out to move their cars for fear I might back into them. Well, as soon as Nissan starts selling this baby, the stigma falls. Of course, I don't know what I am going to do about those people who don't like my "forward" driving. Oh well. I can still claim the title of the only 16-year-old girl to receive a driver's license after hitting another vehicle while taking the driving test. Musta been my good looks or something.

SPROUT'S ANNIVERSARY

Sprout has just passed his 1-year anniversary in the Army. And what a year it's been for him. One thing is for sure...in the military you don't stay in one place for very long. If variety is the spice of life, the US military is the place to be. Sprout has gone from "away" to "farther away" to "halfway around the world" this year. He has been really busy in the last month but the one phone call we managed had him sounding so excited about what he's doing, it got me all excited. He is finally working in his MOS (for the un-military, that's Military Occupation Specialty...I think)and he loves it. He likes the people he's working with and seems to love what he is doing. I'm glad for him.

Happy Anniversary, Sprout!