Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My Funny Funny Grandchild


Little Gidget called me at 6:00 a.m. this morning. I think the child was born with a cell phone growing from her ear. Her 4-year-old tiny voice says "Gwaaaaawma? Is Aunt Poet finished making my unicorn costume?" Apparently Aunt Poet's number is not programmed into Gidget's phone. And I'm thinking "unicorn costume...at 6:00 in the morning?" "Gidget, where is Mama and Daddy?" "They're asleep...and Gwawma...today will you...come get me at daycare...and take me to your house...and make some cocoa...and light a fire in the fire station?" She calls the fireplace a fire station. Is the child in the army or what? She gets more done by six a.m. than most people get done by noon. By six o'clock in the morning, she has already planned out her entire day and is making phone calls to arrange things. Now that's what I call motivated. If only some of my co-workers could be so eager. AND, she actually gets things done. Somehow she ended her day today by having connived her aunt out of one really cool unicorn costume and me out of one cup of cocoa and a fire in the fire station. I am most impressed. The girl is gonna be a millionaire some day. I get the biggest kick out of watching her little brain twirl. She's a cutey.