Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm Not Dead - Just Discombobulated

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. There has been a death in the family. My Dell is dead. I kilt him. I didn't mean to...I was just trying to fix him. My elder son, Sir Duke, says "Mama, give it up. You've had that computer since Pearl Harbor was bombed." Seeing as how I was still running Windows 98,I guess he is right. I refuse to believe Dell is dead. I am in denial because if my computer is really dead, then I have lost about 2 or 3 hundred digital pictures of the grandkids. How will this world survive?

Anyhoo, I am in the process of looking for a computer, trying to decide between laptop or desktop. I'm leaning toward desktop with a sleek new paper-thin monitor. Ochee Mama! I'm posting this from my Amish sister's laptop. She just last month entered the world of cell phones and computers. She's not really Amish, we just call her that because she took so long to join the rest of us. She has gone off to Maine today to become a grandmother and left me with the keys to her house and her laptop password. Hubby won't be seeing me for a while.

Sprout was home, had a good visit, bought a car, left for his new post, met up with his best battle buddy who is in the same company and life is good. I ask about him being deployed to Iraq, but he says he's sure it will probably be at least a year, if he goes. I guess I will be doing lots of savoring of moments this year. No use worrying in advance...yeah, easier said then done.

As soon as I decide on another computer, I will get back to writing.

Until then, I am Amish.

No comments: