Wednesday, August 10, 2005

What to Send?

I miss seeing Sprout. So, to hopefully combat that problem, I am sending him a digital camera for his birthday with instructions to send back pictures of himself. I hope this works. What else does a mother send a soon-to-be-twenty-one-year-old in a foreign land? I want to send him something that says live it up, enjoy, have fun...but on the other hand I don't want to encourage him to go wild. The only age specific gifts I have found are beer mugs and drinking games...not appropiate to get from your mother. I could make him a birthday cake, but I doubt it would get there in one piece. Anybody have any good ideas? I guess I could send him underwear. That's safe. I'm sending DVD's bi-weekly so that's nothing new. Maybe I'll send him a lava lamp. Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

Some Soldier's Mom said...

send birthday cookies or brownies... and a "party pack" -- hats, noismakers, confetti, streamers... anything that says PARTY!!! (I actually sent mine to one of his buddies in his unit so that everyone was in on it!!)