Tuesday, January 01, 2008

No Offense to 2008, But "Get Lost!"

I'm sure that 2008 will be a red-letter year for somebody somewhere. As for me, I will be glad when 2008 is history because by then, hopefully, my boy will be out of Iraq. Now I know we should cherish each and every minute the Good Lord gives us here on Earth, and 2008 may even hold unforseen treatures for me, who knows. But now that it's here, I am ready to say good-bye to 2008. I hope this is the quickest, dullest, most uneventful year of Sprout's life and of mine. Never before have I prayed for a year to pass by so quickly.

My resolutions for 2008:

1. Get my boy out of Iraq by years-end, safe and unharmed and none the worse for wear.

2. Lose weight (yeah...that's gonna happen)

3. Read more books.

4. Win the Lottery (oh, stop snickering).

5. Make a quilt (now this one I may actually accomplish - quilting calms me).

6. Remember to be happy for what I have.

7. Take the grandkids on a trip somewhere.

8. Save some money (scratch #7).

9. Get screen on the front door fixed.

10. Don't worry. Be happy.

No comments: