Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hurricane Katrina Damage


Here are pictures of my brothers apartment, destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. This picture was taken from the bridge approaching the complex.


This is the bayside of the building. My brother's apartment is on the second floor. My sister also lives in this same building but on the opposite side. Her apartment is still intact, but not accessible. Half of the stairs are blown away.


It always amazes me the things a storm will take and what it will leave. Almost all of the furniture was blown out of the apartment, but the dishes are left still stacked nicely in the kitchen cabinet just like my sister-in-law left them.

That's strange.


And the magnets are still on the fridge.


We found this picture of my brother and his daughter and her friends in the sand on the opposite side of the building.


And now Sprout has the nerve to tell me that over in Korea, they are keeping an eye on Typhoon Nabi. Puhleese!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm casting families in financial need for a documentary series for a major network and was wondering if your brother might be interested.
Please call 310-500-1132 if you're interested. thanks!
Jess