Saturday, April 23, 2005

I Can Do Bad All By Myself

I watched the funniest thing I've seen in a long time last night. It was a video of a stage play, a local little community theater version of a play by a man named Tyler Perry called "I Can Do Bad All By Myself". Perry plays the female matriarch, Madea, of a modern black family. Some of his jokes had me rolling on the floor. My 15 year old nephew, who is up on these things, tells me that they have made a movie now based on the Madea character called "Diary of a Mad Black Women". Perry plays Madea in the movie also. I've gotta go see the movie. This man is a comic genius. Can't wait for Sprout to get home and see this. He will love it. My sisters and I were laughing so hard we were all about to wet our pants, but we didn't want to stop the video and nobody wanted to miss anything. We almost did a three-stooges clash at the bathroom door as soon as it was over. I feel like I've just discovered the newest black comic, all by myself.

No comments: