Tuesday, February 15, 2005

No Yellow Ribbon, Please

Everywhere I look, I see those yellow-ribbon magnets on cars. I refuse to have one. I did have an American flag magnet, but some patriotic soul swiped it off my car. A friend offered to send me a yellow ribbon since I am now a military mom but I refused. If and when my soldier gets deployed, then...and only then...will I don the yellow ribbons. I will put ribbons on the cars, the house, the trees, my hair, the dog, everything...and my soldier will remove them upon his safe return. Until then, you can keep your yellow ribbons.

Don't get me wrong. I am so happy to see so many people displaying the ribbons. The support for the troops is endearing, but I feel like it would be a sign of premature-worry if I display a ribbon. Maybe I'm superstitious. But don't ask me to wear one now. Not now. Not yet.

No comments: