Friday, May 26, 2006

The Sprout Has Landed

My son is home for the first time in a year. I am amazed at his connection with six-year-old Sgt. York (who absolutely adores his only uncle). Since arriving, they have been battle buddies every time they are together. Sprout even brought Sgt. York a real army gas mask. Ever see a child play basketball in a gas mask? It's quite interesting.

Anyway, last night I slept eight hours straight, the longest I have slept at one stretch this whole year. It's good to have him home even if he only lights for a few minutes at a time. He has lots of catching up to do and fun to have and things to buy and people to see while he is here. At the moment, I will just keep my place, which is fast becoming obsolete to him. He has grown up and can handle things on his own. Dad and I will have to adjust. It will be easier for me than for Dad. Sprout has already had to stop him once or twice for trying to take over the care and feeding of Sprout. It may be a hard pill to swallow but a good cure, nonetheless.

No comments: