Saturday, November 12, 2005

Got Spurs?

Okay. This Milmom has got to gloat. I've held off as long as I can.

Sprout is now a bonafide member of the Cavalry. He has earned his spurs. Boy, did he earn them. He IM'd with news that he had gone on a Spur Ride that lasted 15 hours and involved a lot of what you see on the military reality shows. Lots of pushups and situps (an hour or more at a time), pulling Humvees, more pushups, climbing mountains wearing full battle-gear, carrying a comrade and his full battle-gear on a stretcher for six miles or more, more pushups, constant mind games along the way, and more pushups. He said it was the hardest thing he has ever done and he didn't know he had that much drive in him. I am so absolutely proud of him. The military is the best at making men want to achieve and showing them that they can do it. I think Sprout even surprised himself.

I think I'll get him that pony he's always wanted for Christmas.

2 comments:

Some Soldier's Mom said...

ok, I'm giving a mil-mom vocab lesson... the "full battle gear" is what the guys refer to as "full battle rattle"! I alsways liked that one! Congrats to the Sprout!! So COOL!

StoicMom said...

Thanks for the vocab lesson. I like "the guys" version better. Full battle rattle....ha.